Thursday, August 23, 2018

Sew A Set of Towels For A Doll House Bathroom

A new set of towels for Barbie's friends.
       I think that our family's dolls will agree that there is nothing nicer than a new, fresh set of towels! I chose a couple of brilliant azure blue, terry cloth, hand towels from a local dollar store to cut apart for this simple craft.

Supply List:
  • terry cloth
  • trims for hand towels
  • needle and threads to match 
Step-by-Step Directions:
  1.  You may wish to straight stitch the sides of your doll's towels on a machine or by hand. I turned and straight stitched every side for both the bath towels and hand towels. However, I didn't bother with the tiny wash cloths. 
  2. Add a little extra trim to the ends of the hand towels. I decorated each of my solid color hand towels with a white floral embroidered lace. 
  3. The bath towels measure 4 1/2" x 11". The hand towels measure 2 1/2" x 5 " and the wash cloths are 2 1/2" x 3" each.
 Sew more towels for your doll:
I purchased the terry cloth for this set of towels from a dollar store
 it was far less expensive than the terry cloth sold off of a bolt in a fabric store.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your thoughts. All comments are moderated. Spam is not published. Have a good day!