Sunday, September 8, 2019

October Thoughts...

October Thoughts
Author Unknown

Some people are very poetic--
They speak of the October sky;
But my first autumnal thought
Is of a great big pumpkin pie!

You know that kind of pie I mean,
The one that with goodness swells;
And of the spices hidden within
It's tempting fragrance only tells.

And all across the top is seen
A golden brown, delicious skin
That only heightens the prospects
Of the goodness placed within.

Oh, the crust, a dainty morsel
Fit for any king, I vow;
Deep down within my very heart
I wish I had some now.

Harvest moons may be delightful,
And so is the autumnal sky,
But when October rolls around,
My thoughts turn to pumpkin pie.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your thoughts. All comments are moderated. Spam is not published. Have a good day!