Monday, June 21, 2021

The Dolls We Grew Up With

      All of these photographs are of women in my husband’s family. I have become the “unofficial” record keeper or family historian, so to speak, for those people who are closest in relationship to me either by law or blood kinship. I thought some of my family would enjoy seeing these little tots. There are three generations of women folk here: their lives together span a little over one hundred years.
      My oldest daughter, nearly thrity years ago, poses with her stuffed friends.  At first, she wasn’t too happy about the prospect, until she discovered that her new friends were pretty soft. This picture only took a few seconds. Of course, I would never leave a baby this young in a crib with any stuffed toys!  

Grandmother Betty on a picnic with her doll.

My husband's sister cradles her doll at Christmas.

Cousin Krissy with her vinyl doll from the 1970s.

Godmother Mea Jean with her doll dressed for rough weather.

My girls playing with dolls instead of napping, of course!

Aunt Marlene at a family dinner with one of her many baby dolls.

Great grandmother Flora with her doll in an antique perambulator.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your thoughts. All comments are moderated. Spam is not published. Have a good day!