Friday, April 3, 2020

Decoupage a Spool Canister Set

The finished canisters on top of our doll's diner shelf. You can cover
 your faux canisters in any scrapbooking paper you like.
       You will need the following supplies for this simple doll craft: empty spools, buttons or beads if you do not have the dowel pegs that I used for my own version, scrap paper, white glue and a print of the words for doll canisters included below.
       Decoupage the tops, bottoms and sides of the empty spools with decorative papers. I chose black and white polka-dots for our versions. Then I pushed the dowel pegs through the holes of my spools on the top end of my doll's canisters only. The pegs are the handles for the canisters, except this version of a canister craft does not have canisters that actually open. 
       I then painted the faux handles red to match the occasional red dot in the printed paper. Then I printed out the canister labels located below and chose the ingredients I thought my doll's would use the most inside their diner's kitchen: Flour, Sugar, Tea and Coffee. I drew an oval shape around these words and carefully cut them out. Then I pasted these on the outside of each canister to identify the contents for our pretend kitchen.

Left, you will need empty spools made from any material and wooden
 dowels with plugs. Beads would also work as an alternative. Right, cover the
 tops and edges of each spool with paper. Then push the dowel peg
into the holes of spools at one end only.

Four varieties of text for your doll's canister sets.
Canisters may be marked: Flour, Sugar, Coffee,
Tea, Rice, Salt Oats, Barley and or Cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your thoughts. All comments are moderated. Spam is not published. Have a good day!