Saturday, October 3, 2020

The Moon At Tea-Time

THE MOON AT TEA-TIME

I was playing in the meadow, where there's
not a single tree,
I was throwing bits of sorrel at a fat old
bumble-bee, 
And then - I just looked up to see the clouds
go sailing by -
And oh, I saw the moon , in daytime! and I
can't think why!

Such funny things keep happ'ning, and
they've happened all to-day,
First, I found a weeny mouse, all cuddled in
the hay, 
Then at home we've got a baby, from I don't
know where!
And now I find the moon at tea-time , sitting in
the air!

I'm sure it's wrong, because the Bible says it's
meant for night,
And look, it hides behind the clouds - it knows
it isn't right.
Now there it comes! Oh, silly moon, you make
the sun look fine, 
'Cos bumping up against the clouds has
rubbed off all your shine!

by Enid Blyton

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your thoughts. All comments are moderated. Spam is not published. Have a good day!