Saturday, February 9, 2019

Spruce Up A Heart Shaped Rocker for A Doll!

Left, the backside of my heart shaped rocker. Center, the front side of the rocker. Right, Disney Moana
doll holds a Valentine chocolate box and relaxes in the doll rocking chair; the chair is a perfect for her size.
        I discovered this unwanted iron work rocker at resale. I don't know whether is was designed to hold a miniature potted plant or if the manufacture intended it for a doll? I have seen similar chairs with pin cushions as seats. Whatever the original use, I decided to add it to our growing collection of furniture for the doll house. 
       I painted the frame a bright red using some leftover spray paint from previous projects and cut some heavy cardboard for a back and seat to cover with decorative scrap paper.
       Then I simply hot glued these finished pieces through the iron work on the backside of the frame and from underneath as well. Now I have a sturdy little heart shaped rocker that fits our 11 to 12 inch dolls.
Left, the rocker is it looked when I first purchased it. Center, I've cut a cardboard back and seat for the rocker.
Right, this is how the seat will look on the iron frame. I need to cover it with paper or fabric.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your thoughts. All comments are moderated. Spam is not published. Have a good day!