Sunday, July 7, 2019

Transforming a Bistro Chair for A Desk Set

       This particular chair comes from the Journey Girls bistro table and chair set originally. See the whole set at the My Journey Girls Adventures here. I decided to transform it with a bit of orange spray paint and a new seat cushion cover. I will use it in a doll bedroom for a desk chair in a future post.
I picked up this stray plastic chair at resale for a dollar. I needed it for a doll's desk 
attached to the front end of a large bunk bed suite. These bunk beds with a 
built-in-desk are sold at Emily Rose here.
          The new fabric for the seat cushion has the colors that I am using for the doll bunk beds: brown, white, orange and pink.
Although I like the teal color of this former bistro chair, it will not blend in with my doll's bedroom suite.
        Above I show how easy it is to take the plastic chair apart before painting the chair and recovering the seat cushion.
The plastic chair looks rustic once painted. The seat cushion's colors blend in 
with the blankets and sheets that I am sewing for the bunk beds.
       I used an orange spray paint designed to cover plastic to change the faux iron rod look of the chair legs, back and seat. 
       Then I cut a circular piece of fabric and sewed a straight seam around it's parameter in order to pull it taunt over the chair pad and around to the backside of the seat. The gathering was concealed underneath the chair cushion after I reattached it to the chair base. I used a generous portion of hot glue to put the cushion back onto the seat as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your thoughts. All comments are moderated. Spam is not published. Have a good day!