Wednesday, September 4, 2019

How to Cut Paper Spider Webs...

Above spider webs are cut from white typing paper
using an old paper cutting technique. This fold is the
 same for cutting Christmas snowflakes.
      You can cut paper spider webs for Halloween the same way that snowflakes are cut for Christmas decorating! 
       Simply measure and cut a perfect square of any size (four equal sides) from white typing paper. Then fold it into a triangle three times. Every time you make a fold be sure to flatten the crease in your paper out with a bonefolder so that your design will be cut clean and neat. 
       Then draw a web pattern onto one side just as I have done in the photo below and cut it out. 
       Unfold the paper cut carefully. You don't want to snag it or the web might tear. 
       Now you have a lovely web to decorate your doll's house with!
       You can pin these to the walls of your doll house or lay them on top of a doll buffet table or dining room table for decoration. I decoupaged a couple of lids with my webs to make Halloween cookie platters after painting them black. Use Mod Podge for this craft idea pictured below.

Left, are the steps used to make paper spider webs.
Right is a drawing of how the web cuts should look.


Left you can see my cookie platter with the white paper web Mod Podged on top of a black
painted lid. On the right, are some doll sized eye-ball, sugar cookies that I
made using Sculpey sitting on a spider web platter.


Chasing Shadows

It's fun to chase my shadow
Out in the warm bright sun.
I never yet have caught it
But I like to make it run.

It's just a little different
When Hallowe'en comes 'round,
Then shadows seem to lengthen
And I cannot hear a sound.

Then's the time for creepy feelings,
Not for sport and jolly play,
So instead of shadow chasing
I just want to run away.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your thoughts. All comments are moderated. Spam is not published. Have a good day!