Sunday, December 13, 2020

DIY a Doll Sized Needlepoint and Hoop

Left the screw detail is made from two tiny beads and a clipped toothpick. Right, Now our 18" doll's can pretend to embroider in front of the T.V. or in bed, when they have trouble sleeping...

       I found this very tiny angelic needle point at resale and paid a few pennies for it. Then I mounted it to a metal lid with a bit of tape and white school glue. After it dried, I then wrapped the outer edge with cardboard, paper and more glue to make it look as though it was stretched in an embroidery hoop. I also frayed the edges with the tip of a pin to give the project a finished look. 

Here you can see the tiny Christmas needle point from different angles. On the far right, I have yet to cover the backside with linen.

More Needlepoint for Miniatures:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your thoughts. All comments are moderated. Spam is not published. Have a good day!