Tuesday, March 9, 2021

One Bad Little Monkey . . .

I purchased this monkey doll in 2021 without knowing it's history!

       I purchased this Curious George doll for a child just a few days ago (in March 2021) without knowing just how dangerous he really is. While looking up similar monkeys to learn more about the one I have, I stumbled upon the recall on a Google search. Apparently this little guy, from 2005, is quite dangerous for children! I hope that any parent or collector that happens to find these bad monkeys in circulation still will dispose of his mask and painted helmet immediately. 

       The helmet that came with my doll was a replacement helmet issued by the company after the fact, so I will be using it in our doll costume collections after I have removed the painted logo. His coat is in excellent condition and hasn't a trace of paint, so it will also be recycled.

More About Unsafe Toys:

What is Lead Poisoning? from Parents Magazine

More Video Explaining Led Poisoning:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your thoughts. All comments are moderated. Spam is not published. Have a good day!