Sunday, June 19, 2022

The Pigs by Jane Taylor

A coloring page of a mamma pig and her piglets.
 
The Pigs
 
DO look at those pigs as they lie in the straw,'
Willy said to his father one day;
' They keep eating longer than ever I saw,
Oh, what greedy gluttons are they!'

'I see they are feasting,' his father replied,
'They eat a great deal, I allow;
But let us remember, before we deride,
'Tis the nature, my dear, of a sow.

'But were a great boy, such as you, my dear Will,
Like them to be eating all day,
Or be taking nice things till he made himself ill,
What a glutton, indeed, we might say!

'If plum-cake and sugar he constantly picks,
And sweetmeats, and comfits, and figs,
We should tell him to leave off his own greedy tricks,
Before he finds fault with the pigs.'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your thoughts. All comments are moderated. Spam is not published. Have a good day!