Friday, May 12, 2023

The Canary

       Assemble a mini doll sized book: Below, is the Canary's illustration and verse. Visitors can collect all the bird illustrations and verse from "Bird Children" to print and construct a small book of verse for their dolls. Simply drag each png. into a Word Document, print, cut out all of the images the same size and staple the pages together at the left edge. Squeeze out some white school glue along the stapled edge of the pages and attach a cardboard cover.

Collect all pages-cleaned and sized to make a miniature
book for your dolls
.

 Carnary Bird said to his mother:
"Is that bird in the tree my brother?"
Mama Canary said: "Oh, no!
He's just a cousin - wild, you know."

Additional Authors:

"PRETTY DICK"

HAVE a pretty yellow pet,
The sweetest that you ever met,
With shining eyes as black as jet-
It's my canary.

For me such happy songs he'll sing.
And when each day fresh seed I bring,
He chirps his thanks, the pretty thing.
Does my canary.

He comes when "Pretty Dick" I call-
Though I have pets both great and small,
The one I love the best of all
Is my canary.

 
To make this bird paper doll, cut out the body and tail of Canary and the slots in the flaps. Carefully score and bend all dotted lines. Make up body by fitting the slots in the flaps into each other so that the black edges fit inside. Push tail up under back wings. Curve back of head round between sides and fit end of it in at top of wings. Bend outside claws up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your thoughts. All comments are moderated. Spam is not published. Have a good day!