Thursday, September 27, 2018

Spaghetti String, Summer Top for A Curvy Fashionista

This sweet little summer top is finished off with tiny blue embroidered flowers. I cut and attached these
 from a repurposed kerchief. This baby sock fits my curvy Barbie perfectly.
       This summer top with spaghetti string shoulder straps was made from a recycled baby sock and a bit of embroidery transfer. The cuff of the sock is used here as the waist edging on the doll. The toe of the sock was cut away and the raw edges were finished with a tacky white glue. As soon as the edges were dry, I finished these with blanket stitching all along the top of the garment. Then I attached some yarn at either shoulder to act as my spaghetti string straps.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your thoughts. All comments are moderated. Spam is not published. Have a good day!