Friday, April 12, 2019

How To Recycle a Hammock for A Doll

My 18inch doll relaxing in the warm sunshine with her pet, under the trees.
       My doll's hammock is recycled from a pet hammock. (see below) After removing the ties and fabric, I sanded down the wooden arches and spray painted them red. Then I measured the original hammock and cut part of a quilt top to the same size. 
       The log cabin quilt scraps were saved from an earlier project and I thought the pattern would look cozy on the hammock. I lined the inside of the hammock with heavy canvas and then stitched everything together by hand. I then used the rods and ties from the former cat hammock to finish my dolly version of this quick project.
Left, the hammock is cut from an older log cabin quilt project and then lined with canvas to make it sturdy.
 I've set up the hammock on the patio.

The original small hammock was designed for a cat. I found this one at resale and worked it over for our
 family, 18 inch dolls.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your thoughts. All comments are moderated. Spam is not published. Have a good day!