Saturday, August 17, 2019

A Doll Art Supply Cabinet With Drawers

Left, is the contents of my doll sized art cabinet in the top drawer. I cut out pictures of art supplies
from a free flier that was stuffed inside my mailbox. I glued additional layers of cardboard together,
 the same size as each photo of: pencils, crayons, markers, Prismacolors and pastels. Then I layered
 Mod Podge on top of the tiny art supplies to keep them in durable condition. The sizes are
perfect for our American Girl Dolls to take to school.
        Last week, I made a trip to my local family dollar store and found the cutest set of stackable, plastic drawers. These came in green, blue and red. I suppose these drawers are perfect for storing small office items like paper clips, staples and tacks.

I love the fact that these drawers are transparent so you can see what is being stored inside of them.
On the far right I've included doll sized construction papers and doll size template for
drafting perfect oval shapes.
        However, I think that these small drawers are perfect for storing doll sized crafts or art supplies. If you wanted to use them for a Barbie classroom they would approximate the size ratio of a normal sized office file cabinet, I think. (four stacked together)

Above you can see that I have included some common craft supplies found in a real art classroom:
 tiles, beads, wooden craft sticks and cotton batting. I packed these into tiny 2"x1" plastic bags.
        I decided to use them in an American Girl Doll classroom, so the four drawers stacked together look like an authentic short stack, filing cabinet. I can either set it on the floor of our doll's classroom or on top of a table.

Left, is the bottom drawer of our doll art supply cabinet, open for you to see what is stored inside.
 Center is a doll sized roll of Scotch brand tape that was made in the same way as our boxes of
markers and crayons above. Right, you can see a doll sized roll of masking tape and a that the
drawing pad opens up to include a real pad of individual pages for our doll artists to draw on.
More Doll Art Supplies:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your thoughts. All comments are moderated. Spam is not published. Have a good day!