Thursday, August 15, 2019

Dolly Takes Tea

DOLLY TAKES TEA
by Albert Bigelow Paine 

When Dolly sits down to the table,
And ev'rything's ready for tea,
With cookies and water for Mabel,
And water and cookies for me.

We nibble and chatter with Dolly,
And offer her "tea" from a spoon.
And often our meal is so jolly
It lasts through the whole afternoon.

Till Mabel jumps up in a hurry
And says that she really must go.
And I say, "Oh, truly. I'm sorry,
And Dolly's enjoyed it, I know"

Then gaily we clear off the table,
When Dolly has finished her tea,
With cookies and water for Mabel,
And water and cookies for me.

Three little old dolls take tea together in the nursery.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your thoughts. All comments are moderated. Spam is not published. Have a good day!