Thursday, August 22, 2019

Fellow Travelers

Fellow Travelers
by Pauline Frances Camp
I traveled on the train one day;
Across the way there sat
A dainty little dwarf
With a pretty, fluffy hat.
Her cheeks were plump and rosy,
And her eyes were very blue,
And as for her behavior,
It was good enough for two.

In fact, you'll be surprised to hear,
As I was, then, to see
How far superior a child
Can to her elders be.
''The lady" who was with her
In whining tones was heard--
But I did not hear Miss Dwarf
Speak a single fretful word.

"The lady" wanted cookies; then
She had to have a drink.
She didn't give the passengers
A minute's time to think.
While little Rosy Cheeks just sat
And smiled at us,
"The lady" squirmed and wriggled round,
And made a constant fuss.

So next time I go traveling,
As happen soon I may,
I hope that only one of them
Will be abroad that day!
And if a fairy asks me which,
I'll tell the little elf,
I much prefer Louise's doll--
To Miss Louise herself!

Waiting for The Train.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your thoughts. All comments are moderated. Spam is not published. Have a good day!