Monday, December 23, 2019

Mama Old Year and Baby New

Mama Old Year and Baby New
by L. L. Greene Richards

Oh, my lovely dolly,
Sweetest ever was;
Best of all my Christmas gifts-
Bless old Santa Claus!

Dolly, we're so happy!
Would you now believe,
That a whole, glad week has gone,
And it's New Year's Eve?

You will not be naughty,
Sitting quiet there,
With your eyes wide open,
While I say my prayer.

Now I'll cuddle down in bed,
Mama's coming soon,
To tuck me in-we've played so hard,
All the afternoon.

Never mind this once, love,
Kissing me good night;
Mama'll kiss me twice, I guess,
That will make it right.

You, like playful New Year,
"All night watch' may keep;
But-I-like-ti-r-ed-Old-Year-
Have-to-go-to-sle-ep!

That's a -pretty-play-dear-
For-just-me-a-n-d-y-o-u-
I'll-be-Ma-ma-O-l-d-Year-
And-you-be-Ba-by-New!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your thoughts. All comments are moderated. Spam is not published. Have a good day!