Saturday, January 18, 2020

Chalkpaint a Carved Wooden Dust Pan

The finished dust pan painted to look like chalk work. 
       I purchase a small, carved, wooden dust pan from resale for a dollar. I thought, what a strange little thing?  Now that it's painted, it looks adorable in our child sized kitchen downstairs. 
       First I used a can of black chalk paint to give the dust pan it's first layer of paint. Then I used a white colored pencil to draw the label and outline the flowers. 
       Next I applied color to the carved flowers using a dry brush technique. Then I sealed the finished paint decoration with a transparent acrylic spray finish.

Adding labels wether permanent or temporary to items in a child's play kitchen helps them develop early reading skills.
More About Labels and Learning to Read:
Before and After the dust pan is given a new look.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your thoughts. All comments are moderated. Spam is not published. Have a good day!