Sunday, October 24, 2021

A Birthday Poem and Cake to Color...

My Birthday Cake
by Kitty Parsons


My birthday cake is pink and white,
With tiny specks of green,
And many letters on the top-
The most I've ever seen.

It tells my name, and under that
It says: "The 10th of May."
And then it says, "My birthday cake,"
And, "Eight years old today."

There are nine candles on the top-
One just for luck, you see;
And in the cake are lots of things
For every one and me.

I had to cut the cake myself,
And Bessie got the ring,
And Mollie Lou, the ten-cent piece-
I did not get a thing!

But Mother says that if I had,
'Twould not have been quite right,
And I'd have had to give it up,
To really be polite.


A Birthday Cake for Coloring.
You may color the cake to look like the one in the poem above or in any color you like.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your thoughts. All comments are moderated. Spam is not published. Have a good day!