Saturday, March 25, 2023

How to make pasta boxes for a doll pantry...

       I'm always looking for new ideas to make more doll groceries... Below you can see that I cut the tiny logos from a pasta box that came out of our family's real pantry. Then I decided to make tiny windows for sculpted, 18" sized doll pasta to be seen through, just like real pasta boxes from our local market!

 Supply List:

  • Sculpey oven bake clay
  • white school glue
  • light weight cardboard (recycled cereal box)
  • yellow acrylic paint
  • scrap foam (substitute tissue paper)
  • blue paper
  • pasta brand labels (clipped from a pasta box)
Step-by-Step Directions with Photos
 
The windows are cut and the logos
snipped from real pasta box.

       Cut the box front side windows from cardboard. Wrap or paint this side in a bright bold color; I chose to make my doll pasta boxes blue but you may choose any color you like. Then I pasted the clipped logos onto the box fronts.
 
The plastic, transparent sheets are
glued and taped in place.

       I then glued and taped a plastic covering to the backside of these box fronts. I then cut long, narrow strips of cardboard and carefully glued side panels to the outside edges of my box fronts using white school glue. Let dry.

The foam keeps the pasta in front of the
 window after everything is sealed.

       I filled the spaces around the windows with foam and glued these into place. Next I sculpted tiny shapes of pasta using oven-bake clay, baked these and then painted the pastas yellow. Each window only required a few pasta pieces each to fill the windows. I glued on a prepared backside of each box, let these dry and then brushed on Mod Podge to each side to keep the finished surfaces clean for play and display.

The finished, doll sized pasta boxes
look like the real thing!

See More Doll Pasta Crafts:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your thoughts. All comments are moderated. Spam is not published. Have a good day!