Sunday, June 18, 2023

DIY Doll Sized Tools and Tool Box

        This child-sized wooden tool box kit came from The Home Depot. I found it loose and unassembled at resale and thought it more an appropriate size for an 18" doll. Of course, I'm always thinking like that because I write for this blog! 


       Above, you can see all of the pieces from the kit and how easy it was for me to put it together. I used white school glue to initially hold it together, then, I hammered a few small nails at each corner to make the entire craft more durable.

I imagine this tool box could be easy to reproduce using cardboard if that is the only material you
have on hand. You will need a dowel rod or chopstick for the handle.

        I gave the tool box a coat or two of orange paint and used the stickers provided in the kit to enhance the flat, outside surfaces.
       Next, comes the fun part; collecting or crafting the 18" doll tools to keep inside our tool box. As I find or make these... I will upload them to this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your thoughts. All comments are moderated. Spam is not published. Have a good day!