Sunday, July 14, 2024

''Belinda'' by Eric Parker

Belinda, the kitten cat, ate-up each and every rat!
 

Belinda by Eric Parker

Belinda was the smallest cat
That ever you did see.
One day Belinda met a rat
Quite twice as big as she.
Now, what are you to do
When a rat's as big as you?

Belinda said: ''I'm not afraid
Of any rat alive.
I'd swallow any rat that's made,
Or two, or four, or five.''
Now, how could she do that-
Such a very little cat?

The rat replied: ''I never knew
A cat as brave as I.
But as for such a cat as you,
I'll make you into pie.''
Did you ever see a rat
Dine off a pussy-cat?

Belinda said: "Superior cats
Think fighting only fun.
Just call a lot of other rats;
I'll eat them, every one.''
Now, don't you think that that
Was a most courageous cat?

Then other rats joined in the fight.
Big, little, short and tall,
Gray, brown, and brindled, black and 
white-
Belinda at them all!
D' you wonder how I know?
Belinda told me so!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your thoughts. All comments are moderated. Spam is not published. Have a good day!