Friday, July 31, 2026

"Over The River and Through The Woods..."

        Here are three very lovely old prints by Currior & Ives for your dollhouse walls this coming holiday season. These depict: sleigh rides, horse drawn sleds, winter landscapes, farms in winter, domestic buildings, barns for farm animals, trees without foliage, ice on roads, farm equipment, maple syrup in large canisters, ladies with muffs, gentlemen with warm coats and gloves, ice skaters on ponds  and cloudy winter skies. In the old days, there was often freshly fallen snow on the ground several feet deep where I grew up in rural Missouri. Now, this is seldom true...

Three romanticized winter landscapes for your dollhouse!


"Over The River" for Thanksgiving! When
I was young, I sang this song all the time
because my grandmother did live over 
several creeks and through the woods...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your thoughts. All comments are moderated. Comment spam is not published here ever. Have a good day!