Wednesday, November 20, 2019

Christmas Morning

"He's checking his list, gonna find out who's naughty . . . "
  
Christmas Morning
by Burges Johnson

Yesterday I tore some lace -- stuck
my finger through it;
Day before I made a face -- no one saw
me do it.
Once I splattered with the ink -- got my
dress all spotted,
And there's other things I think that I
have forgotted.
Do you s'pose HE came last night? I was
always taught he
Wouldn't bring a single mite to a child
that's naughty!
But I guess if Santy's house has some chil-
dren in it,
They're not quiet as a mouse every single
minute.
And I guess that Mrs. Claus told him, if
he let her,
Not to blame this child, because his aren't 
any better!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your thoughts. All comments are moderated. Spam is not published. Have a good day!