Friday, May 12, 2023

The Kingfisher

Collect all pages-cleaned and sized to make a miniature
book for your dolls
.
Assemble a mini doll sized book: Left, is the Kingfisher's illustration and verse. Visitors can collect all the bird illustrations and verse from "Bird Children" to print and construct a small book of verse for their dolls. Simply drag each png. into a Word Document, print, cut out all of the images the same size and staple the pages together at the left edge. Squeeze out some white school glue along the stapled edge of the pages and attach a cardboard cover.

 Said King-Fisher: "The choicest dish
I know of is a fresh caught fish;
I love to fish, and, if you'll wait,
I'll get you some-I need not bait."

Additional Authors:

 THE KING OF THE RIVER 

       ONCE upon a time a young Frog sat on a large stone near the bank of a river. He felt very pleased with himself, and when he saw a bird perched on a tree above his head, he at once began to talk to him.
       "Welcome, stranger," said the Frog, "I am the King of the River." At that moment there was a noise on the bank. The Frog lumped down from his stone, and swam away. There was a splashing and a loud quack, quacking. "His river, indeed!" said an angry voice, "it is my river. I am the King of the River."
       But there was a fluttering of wings as the bird flew across the river, skimming the water. As he flew he shouted: "I am no stranger! It is my river! I am King of the River. As far as you can see, all is mine!"
       Who was right - the frog, the duck, or the beautiful kingfisher? Henry Altemus Company.

More Content About Kingfisher Birds:

Back To The Bird Children Index

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your thoughts. All comments are moderated. Spam is not published. Have a good day!