Thursday, February 16, 2023

Robot Valentine Mailbox... with heart!

Left, the finished result of our robot Valentine mailbox for dolls. Right, as seen from the side.

       You can make a tiny robot using just about any odds and ends you find inside of a junk drawer or recycling bin at home. I used some tiny things from my sewing box to make this robot face.

See how the boxes were attached with glue and tape.
Supply List:

  • 2 small square boxes, one slightly larger
  • 2 push pins for the robot "ears"
  • a giant snap of it's nose
  • 2 googly eyes
  • silver paper, or aluminum foil or tape with silver finish
  • plastic gems 
  • scrap white paper
  • heart sticker
  • black permanent ink pen
  • hot glue
  • masking tape
  • white school glue
  • parts from a paper egg carton
  • scrap cardboard
  • black permanent ink marker

Step-by-Step Instructions:

  1. Glue and tape the two small boxes together, attaching the smaller on top of the other to act as a robot head.
  2. Poke holes into the sides of your robot's head and insert the push pins inside with a bit of glue to hold these in place. 
  3. Cut a narrow slot opening for the Valentine mail to be delivered through.
  4. Then cover the robot with glue and silver paper.
  5. Attach the facial features and front button panels with glue.
  6. Our robots shoulders are cut from paper egg carton parts and the product bar code from some random pasta box.

    My Valentine
    By James Stratton Carpenter

    ’T was on a wintry evening,
    The weather it was fine,
    When I asked my little lady
    To be my valentine.

    You think she was a lady
    Of twenty-one or so.
    But ah! You are mistaken;
    She’s just my age you know.

    We were standing on the door-step,
    And her answer I could guess;
    And as a cloud passed o’er the moon,
    She softly answered, “Yes.”

    Then home I went in triumph-
    I never felt so fine:
    Because my little lady
    Was now my valentine.
You can cast a vote for this Valentine mailbox entry in the Comments Box Below, if you'd like. It would be interesting to see if people/kids on the internet judge our doll's Valentine mailbox competition in the same way as the children judging them in our home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your thoughts. All comments are moderated. Spam is not published. Have a good day!